Intakes : February, September
Duration : 1 Year
Awarded by : Raffles Colombo/ Raffles University Systems (RUS) Singapore
The one-year Diploma in Interior Design builds upon the 6-month certificate course. It further delves into the intricacies of the interior environment through commercial and hospitality interiors. Progressing from residential design, the Diploma is well suited for those who have a working knowledge of fundamental visualization, 3D modeling and spatial recognition and development techniques. Through the course of a year, participants are taught computer-aided-design alongside commercial design and hospitality interior studios. The design studios focus on the requirements, relationship and realization of interior environments through comprehensive projects given throughout the duration of the course.
- Historical analysis of interior design & its evolutionary forms.
- Drawing, 3-d visualization, computet aided drawing and modelling for interiors.
- A design walk covering and dissecting various ways commercial & hospitality spaces are planned, used & altered.
- Fabrication, organization and compilation of design documentation for commercial and hospitality projects.
- Product presentations from manufacturers and suppliers essential in commercial/hospitality interior construction.
- Practical workshops covering the breadth of commercial / hospitality interiors from site analysis, shop drawings,
- 3D modeling to rendered perspectives culminating in a comprehensive portfolio.