Intakes : February, September
Duration : 6 Months
Awarded by : Raffles Colombo/ Raffles University Systems (RUS) Singapore
This course is an introduction to the fundamental principles of interior design focusing on residential interiors. On completion of this course, participants are expected to have a working knowledge in space planning, furnishing plan, material understanding and project management.
The assessments are cumulatively aligned to cover these learning outcomes.
- Historical analysis of interior design and its evolutionary forms.
- Drawing, 3D visualisation and modelling for interiors.
- A design walk covering and dissecting the various ways residential spaces are planned, used and altered.
- Fabrication, organization and compilation of design documentation for residential interior works/fit outs.
- Product presentations from manufacturers and suppliers essential in residential interior construction.
- Practical workshops covering the breadth of residential interiors from site analysis, shop drawings to rendered perspectives.
- Create a full comprehensive set of working drawings ready for construction.