Intakes : February, September
Duration : 6 Months
Awarded by : Raffles Colombo/ Raffles University Systems (RUS) Singapore
This programme introduces students to the practice of researching, designing and making garments for the fashion industry.This enables students to integrate design research and practice with the application of pattern making, material understanding and fabrication techniques to produce fashion design solutions. This course project will develop a firm base for further studies in the fashion design area.
- Research and interpret current fashion trends, channelling the information to create a “Mini range/Collection”.
- Conduct store walks and analyze garments for fabrication, cut, detailing, finishes and manufacturing processes as appropriate for women’s wear.
- Collect all research data into a design journal/visual diary.
- Drawing and design development for communicating clear, concise creative ideas.
- Collating fabrics to support the “mini range/Collection”, and for making the final “ensemble” bodice/skirt garments.
- Alter design features on basic styles to create new designs
- Create manual patterns for basic garments
- Explore garment making techniques and produce samples