Qualification: Advanced Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality Management (Level 5 UK – 240 Credits)
Awarding Body: Raffles College of Higher Education – Singapore
Duration: 12 Months (4 Terms)
Intakes: January, April, July & October
Standard Benchmarks: QAA – Business and Management – February 2015
Entry Qualification: Completion of Raffles Diploma in Business Studies
Raffles aim to rise to the challenges and accept that different eras will demand different values, skills, behaviours and competencies from all of us. As a higher education provider, we strive to lead in the development of creativity, design and management expertise to contribute to the development of society.
Raffles School of Business, Singapore (formerly known as Raffles Education Corp College) was established in 1999. It is a leading business school in Singapore. Our business degree curriculum has groomed many individuals into successful corporate practitioners. The school offers business courses such as: Management, Marketing, Hospitality, Tourism, Supply Chain & Logistic Operations, and Entrepreneurship & Small Business Operation. Raffles School of Business in Colombo is under Raffles College of Design and Business (Private) Limited and starting to run in July 2018.
Aims of the programme:
The aim of the Advanced Diploma in Travel and Tourism is to provide advanced knowledge and practical skills required for professional success within the international tourism industry.
The overall aims of the program are to develop:
- Knowledge and theoretical background of the tourism industry and its sub-sectors, as well as the ability to identify and analyze current trends.
- Knowledge of the complex environment of the global airline industry and ability to evaluate and discuss the key challenges airlines face.
- Knowledge and theoretical background required to understand the dynamics affecting key destinations and the relationship between tourism and geography.
- The ability to set up a travel agency and skills to design attractive tour packages.
- The ability to demonstrate excellent service and interpersonal communication skills. The ability to demonstrate competency in GDS operation (Abacus) and demonstrate knowledge of key ICTs used within the tourism industry.
- Consumer Behaviour
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality
- Geography of Travel
- Market Research
- Front Desk Management
- Business Analytics
- Meetings Incentives Conventions and Exhibitions
- Travel and Tour Operations
- The Global Airline Industry
- Sustainable Tourism
- Visitors Attraction Management
- Project Management
- Managing Food and Beverage Operations
- Hotel Room Division Management
- Contemporary Issues in Travel and Hospitality Industry
- Business Portfolio